My Perfect Steak

This is my perfect steak. I was inspired by this Gordon Ramsay recipe to overindulge in my love of garlic and thyme infused meat. I know how popular it has become to criticise Gordon Ramsay but I think his recipes are both delicious and technically insightful. I changed some ingredients and parts of the method for preference but I still think the base recipe is sound. I won't say much more...because...well...

















Ingredients
Steak
2x Aberdeen Angus sirloin steaks (300-400g each)
3-4 Cloves of garlic crushed
2 Sprigs of thyme
A few glugs of olive oil
A few drops of Thai fish sauce (optional)
Salt and pepper

















Sauce
50g Cocktail gherkins
1tbsp Capers finely chopped
1 Bunch flat-leaf parsley
7tbsp mayonnaise
splash of Worcestershire sauce
a few small shallots finely chopped

Sandwich Element
Sourdough or ciabatta bread
finely diced tomatoes

















Method
Mix all the ingredients for the steak element in a bowl and make sure the steaks are coated. Cover with cling film and marinade in the fridge for an hour or two. Take out the steaks half an hour before cooking. Heat up a griddle pan until smoking and cook the steaks two minutes on each side (without touching them during those two minutes). Take off the heat and cover with foil to let rest for a few minutes. Whilst the steak is resting, mix the ingredients for the sauce and taste (you might want to add more of one ingredient). Salt and pepper the steaks and carve if you want to put into sandwiches. Toast your bread and layer the sauce and meat on before serving. Perfect or what?

0 comments:

Post a Comment